The Tailor’s primary responsibility is to sew garments, either to repair or to alter to customer’s tastes. Perform other duties as necessary
- Do quality sewing for VJays clients
- Perform basic alterations on garments including, but not limited to, sleeves, backs, sides, collars and bodices, inserting shoulder pads, altering waists, taking out hems to lengthen, shortening lengths, and adding cuffs and many more
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Give advice regarding the fit and care of garments to customers
- Write up alterations tickets recording the details of the alterations being made on the garment
- Press and steam garments before returning to customer
- Be knowledgeable of styles, fits, and fabrics to better serve the customer
- Maintain records for sewing and alterations.
- Inform team leader/ CSX manager of supply needs that arise in daily operations.
- To carry out the more complex customer fittings as needed.
- Dependable attendance and punctuality
- Must above all be very hamble and respectful
Qualifications and Competencies:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
Ability to work a flexible schedule
Prior experience a plus.
Perks of the Job
Applicant should reside around GA South.
Work & Pay
You are paid the agreed fees after every project delivery.